These burgers pack in the flavor! Tangy sun dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and caramelized onions combine in a burger your family will rave about. I found the original …
Here is a photo I found on my computer of the Taco Pizza from May 2008. We really enjoy serving this with a salad or cut up veggies served with dairy free ranch dressing. You can also use the taco pizza toppings on gluten free French Bread recipe instead of crust to make French bread pizzas for a fun lunch. Yum!
Here is a photo of the yummy French Dip for the Slow Cooker from October 2007. I have two different French dip recipes on the site, but this is the one I make the most often. We really enjoy serving this with a salad and Roasted Rosemary Potatoes made with regular potatoes, sweet potatoes or a mix. The French Bread recipe you can find here.
The kids just have three days left of school. Woo! We are counting down. Of course, that means we have had track and …
To join me for Gluten Free-zer Friday, please add your link to a gluten free freezer- friendly recipe below. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
* * * * * * * * *
I thought I would toss out a good summer slow cooker meal. And this slow cooker meal does double duty, because you’re also cooking…
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, fat trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- Make dressing: In a screw-top jar combine rice vinegar, olive oil, garlic, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, fresh grated ginger, and black pepper. Cover and shake well until everything is combined. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator up to 1 week; shake before serving.
- Make salad: In a skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add beef and stir fry until beef is cooked. Turn off heat. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to combine.
- Combine greens, red pepper, beef and broccoli. Drizzle remaining salad dressing on the salad and toss to combine.
Shared at Gluten Free Fridays at Vegetarian Mamma.
Steak and Potato Salad – serves 6
1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, quarted
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1 lb. steak
1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
4 green onions, thinly sliced
Green Herbed Dressing (below) or Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
Place potatoes in a 9×13 baking dish. Toss with oil, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven until browned and tender. Set aside.
Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the steak. Season with salt and pepper. Either grill steak or broil in the oven until to desired doneness. Set aside.
Divide torn romaine and roasted potatoes between 6 plates. Thinly slice the steak and put on the salad. Top with desired dressing the sprinkle with the green onions.
Green Herbed Dressing: In a bowl combine 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (or fresh cilantro), 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, 3 tablespoons drained minced capers, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, and 2 cloves minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Time for Gluten Free-zer Friday! Check out Freezer Food Friday over at MJ’s (link up something yummy!) then stop on back. If you have a gluten free recipe that you would like to share, post it on your site and link it here. Then leave me a comment below and I will add you to the Gluten Free-zer Friday roundup. Thanks!
We bought part of a cow not that long ago… This is a super easy meal to have on hand. Serve with a salad, steamed or stir fried veggies when you cook them.
2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup gluten free salsa (your choice – I like Green Mountain Gringo’s Roasted Garlic)
Place ground beef in a bowl and mix in salsa until well combined. Shape into 8 patties. Note: If patties are too moist to hold together (this depends on how much liquid is in the salsa used) add a small amount of gluten free bread crumbs or a tablespoon or so of sweet rice flour until the patties hold their shape.
Place plastic wrap or wax paper on cookie sheet. Place burgers on cookie sheet to flash freeze in the freezer. When frozen, place the frozen burgers in a freezer bag or container, separating with wax paper.
When you are ready to cook: Thaw burgers in refrigerator. Cook on grill or in skillet until cooked through and no longer pink. Top with guacamole and more salsa, if desired. Serve in gluten free hamburger buns if you choose.
Participating in Gluten Free-zer Friday:
1. If you would like to participate, simply email your post link or leave a comment below and I will add you to the roundup.
2. Link back to this post on the post with the recipe you have linked.