Secret Recipe Club – Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
It is time again for Secret Recipe Club reveal day! Woo-hoo! What is the Secret Recipe Club? It’s a lot like Secret Santa, but with recipes. Each month you are assigned a blog. After selecting a recipe from that bloggers repertoire, you make and post it on reveal day. It is a great way to find fun recipes and blogs. I like how it gets me to actually sit down and go through another person’s blog. Blogs are a lot of work and take time to put together. Instead of skimming through just the new stuff (as is usually easier when we see a new blog) it is fun to really sit down and go through what else the blog has to offer. Fun stuff!
This month my assignment was Corey’s blog, at Learning Patience. I love the yummy variety of things on her blog. SO many tasty things, like Grilled Fennel Crusted Pork Chops, Grilled Romaine Salad with Shrimp, Mexican Sweet Potato Fries, Wonton Mini Nacho Bowls, 7 Vegetable Quinoa Soup, Bruschetta with Shrimp, Tarragon and Arugula and Crunchy Chocolate Chip Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies.
It was a tough call, but last month with Halloween looming and days of leaf raking ahead, there was no question in my mind which recipe I needed to make: Marshmallow Popcorn Balls. Yum! These fun treats were really fun to make, easy and delicious. I added some seasonal sprinkles to add to the fun. I can’t wait to make these with other seasonal sprinkles for upcoming holiday treat platters. 🙂 Thanks for the great recipe, Corey!
The Recipe: Secret Recipe Club - Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- Up to 3 cups of mix-in ingredients, optional: nuts, dried cranberries, chopped apricots, etc.
- 10 oz. package marshmallows
- 1/4 cup gluten and dairy free margarine or 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn and any mix-in's. Set aside.
- In a large pot, combine marshmallows, margarine or coconut oil, and salt.
- Cook marshmallow stirring very often over medium-low heat until melted.
- Pour hot marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture, and mix well.
- When cool enough to handle, oil hands and shape mixture into balls. When shaped, decorate with sprinkles and place in a lightly oiled muffin tin to hold shape.
- To store, wrap each popcorn ball in plastic when cooled.