Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Espresso Pot de Crème
Honestly, this is one of the sexiest things I have made in a long time. Yep, sexy. I can’t help it- try making up a batch of these dairy free Chocolate Espresso Pot de Crème and see for yourself what I mean. They are luscious, and creamy, and decadent. All that while being so very, very easy to make. A dessert where all the elements align perfectly.
I adapted this from a recipe Pioneer Woman made way back in 2008. It is glorious.
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Espresso Pot de Crème
- 12 ounces gluten & dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large room temperature eggs, as fresh as you can get
- 1 tablespoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup freshly made HOT espresso, I used decaf because of my kiddos
- In a blender, place chocolate chips, eggs, vanilla and salt. Blend until chocolate is broken into very small bits. Scrape down sides of blender.
- Replace cap on blender, removing center pour disk in lid. Turn blender on to medium speed and slowly pour the hot expresso into the blender through the lid opening. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into serving cups (I used 4 ounce canning jars for 8 servings, but use 3 ounce ramekins for 12 servings). Chill in the refrigerator 3 to 4 hours until set. Eat. Swoon.