Italian Beef Sandwich Filling for the Slow Cooker
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger from Stephanie at Crock Pot 365
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, slow cooker, main, beef
- 2 pounds beef rump roast
- 3 cups onion, sliced in rings
- 1½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 1½ tablespoons dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground anise
- 12 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 1 cup gluten free beer or apple cider
- To Freeze: Put all ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bags. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put into a 6 quart slow cooker. Put on lid and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat shreds easily.