It is time for Secret Recipe Club reveal day! Woo-hoo! What is the Secret Recipe Club? It’s a lot like Secret Santa, but with recipes. Each month you are assigned a blog. After selecting a recipe from that bloggers repertoire, you make and post it on reveal day. It is a great way to find fun recipes and blogs. I like how it gets me to actually sit down and go through another person’s blog. Blogs are a lot of work and take time to put together. Instead of skimming through just the new stuff (as is usually easier when we see a new blog) it is fun to really sit down and go through what else the blog has to offer. Fun stuff!
This time my assignment was Erin of Wholesome RD. Erin is a Registered Dietitian who also eats cookies. She says it’s all about balance. 🙂 Now that is my kind of gal! I had a hard time picking out a recipe for this month because she has so many that sound delicious such as Spinach Artichoke White Bean Crostini, Chicken Marsala, Tilapia with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce, and Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte (swoon). How is a girl to choose from such yumminess? In fact, you’ll see her Kale Meatballs on my menu next week. I finally settled on a type of treat I don’t make up very often- a treat for my sweet pups! It was so simple (and cheep, cheep, cheep!) AND my dogs thought they were delicious. I added garlic because my pups have a weakness for it, but that was the only change I made. I found doggy sweet potato chips for sale online for $4.00 for 4 ounces plus shipping. Wow! I will be making these myself, thank you, and keeping these on hand all the time now (lucky pups). The best part is that these are naturally gluten and dairy free, which makes them extra fabulous for my family when treating our furry family members. Thank you so much, Erin, for reminding me we can bake some love for our doggies, too! (Edit: I switched it back to cinnamon, now, for those doggys with anemia issues.)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (I used 3 types of sweet potatoes to mix up the colors, because that is how I roll)
- ground cinnamon, as needed
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in ⅓" to ¼" thick. Place sweet potato slices lined baking sheet. They can touch on the baking sheet as they will shrink in the baking/drying process. Sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon.
- Bake for 3 hours at 250 degrees, flipping halfway through baking time. Keep an eye on the last half an hour, especially on smaller pieces so they don't scorch. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Give your pup a treat and watch him wiggle around with joy!