Crustless Breakfast Quiche, Gluten & Dairy Free
Quiche is such an easy dish to throw together. It’s also versatile – toss in what you have on hand and need to use up. We like this quiche for breakfast, but it also makes a wonderful lunch and dinner. Just pair with a side salad and delicious muffin and you’re good to go!
The Recipe: Crustless Breakfast Quiche, Gluten & Dairy Free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 2 strips bacon, pork or turkey, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup steamed, chopped broccoli
- 2/3 cup gluten & dairy free cheese replacement, optional
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced red pepper
- 1 cup de-stemmed and sliced fresh spinach
- In a skillet saute mushrooms and onion in oil over medium heat until mushrooms release their liquid and onions are translucent. Do not discard resulting liquid.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and sweet rice flour. Add mushroom and onion mixture (including any liquid) and remaining ingredients to eggs. Mix.
- Pour into a well oiled pie plate, or line the pie plate with oiled parchment. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 25 to 35 minutes. Let quiche stand for a few minutes before cutting and serving to ensure quiche sets up properly.
- To freeze: Allow quiche to cool. Wrap well for the freezer, removing all air, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw and reheat.
Pingback: Gluten & Dairy Free (GFCF) August 2012 Freezer Menu made over into Mini-Menus
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – April 8, 2013