I am posting Korean Shredded Beef Tacos for the Slow Cooker over at OAMM today. Stop by and say “Hi!”
* * * * * * * *
Is your family as excited about the Olympics as we are? We don’t watch a lot of TV, but as soon as it is Olympic time, we go crazy! I even made Winter Olympic Cupcakes for my older daughter’s birthday two years ago. This Friday is the opening ceremonies for this year’s Summer Olympics in London and our family is planning on a family night watching the ceremonies and having a fun fusion meal together that includes different styles of foods, flavors, and tastes from different cultures blended together in a harmonious whole. Just like the Olympics, eh? These Korean Shredded Beef Tacos fits perfectly into our theme as the main part of our fusion Olympic meal! I plan on serving them with homemade kimchi, Cilantro Cashew Salad and fresh mangos. I can’t wait! Does your family do anything special to celebrate the Olympics?
This recipe is slightly altered from how it was posted on OAMM. It is tweaked to how I actually make it at home for my family. Enjoy!
- 3 pounds beef roast
- ⅓ cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Put all ingredients into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred with two forks. Serve on warmed corn tortillas.
- Freezing Directions: Put all ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.