Today I share Zucchini Pancakes at Once a Month Mom. Stop by and say “Hi!”
* * * * * * *
“Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?” Around here it isn’t silver bells and cockle shells that are filling my garden… It’s zucchini! If you are having the same problem that I am, try these Savory Zucchini Pancakes. The savory pancakes make a wonderful light lunch with a salad and fruit. Or try them as a side like I did with seasoned green beans and sticky chicky legs.
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 large eggs
- 3⅓ tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons sorghum flour
- 1¾ tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon potato flour
- ⅛ teaspoons xanthan gum or guar gum
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- oil for cooking
- Mix zucchini, onion and garlic together. Add eggs and mix well. In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture. Cook mixture as pancakes in a heated oil pan.
- Freezing Directions: Allow pancakes to cool. Put pancakes into a freezer bag or freezer safe container, separating pancakes with waxed paper or parchment paper. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw and heat through.