This week I share Spicy-Sweet Pork Grilled Tacos at Once a Month Mom from the upcoming June 2012 Gluten Free Dairy Free OAMM freezer menu. Stop by and say “Hi!”
Other freezer cooking resources:
* * * * *
When summer rolls around, I like to cook outside as much as I can. I also like meals that use as much of the bounty from my garden and farmer’s market as I can and are family friendly. Tacos are the perfect meal for summer! Not only family friendly, where everyone can customize their taco with just the fillings they like, but they are a perfect vehicle to add different veggies that kids might not otherwise eat. All that, and Gluten Free Dairy Free Spicy-Sweet Pork Grilled Taco filling can be made on the grill, keeping the kitchen cool. I like to serve with guacamole or avocado slices, tomatoes, shredded veggies (such as zucchini or yellow summer squash), salsa and salad. Delicious!
If you don’t eat pork, substitute chicken breasts for the pork. If you don’t have a grill, use your oven’s broil setting, turning the tenderloin partway through the cooking time.
- 2½ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix the spices and sugar together. Rub the spice mixture into the pork tenderloins. Cover and refrigerate for two hours before cooking. Preheat grill on high and reduce to medium high before placing the pork on grates. Cover and cook 7 minutes, turn and cook another 7 minutes until it has an internet temperature of 145 degrees F. Remove from grill and tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve in heated corn tortillas with you favorite taco toppings.
- Freezing Directions: Mix the spices and sugar together. Rub the spice mixture into the pork tenderloins. Put the tenderloins into the number of freezer bags indicated. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label, and freeze.
- To serve: thaw and proceed with cooking instructions, above.