This week I share Maple Cinnamon Granola at Once a Month Mom from the upcoming April 2012 Gluten Free Dairy Free OAMM freezer menu. Stop by and say “Hi!”
Other freezer cooking resources:
* * * * *
- 4 cup gluten free certified rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup ground flax (I used golden flax seed)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, ground flax, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and maple syrup. Pour the mixture over the oats and nuts, and tossing with a spatula until evenly incorporated. Spread the mixture out on a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Bake for about 60 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the pan. Stir in the dried cranberries, and transfer to an airtight container.
- Freezing Directions: Put cooled mixture into a gallon sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw.
Leave a comment, because comments are awesome.