This week I share Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles at Once a Month Mom from the upcoming April 2012 Gluten Free Dairy Free OAMM freezer menu. Stop by and say “Hi!”
Other freezer cooking resources:
* * * * *
Gluten Free Dairy Free Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles are what I am serving for Easter brunch. Lemon just tastes of Spring to me! These gluten free, dairy free, vegan waffles are light and crispy with a hint of lemon. They are delicious topped with maple syrup, fresh blueberries, or dusted with powdered sugar. To make these waffles extra special, I’ll top mine with whipped coconut topping and candied lemon peel to dress them up for Easter. Yum!
- 2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour, finely ground
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- Heat your waffle iron. Whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and blend until batter is smooth. Cook waffles according to waffle maker’s instructions.
- Freezing Directions: Allow to cool. Divide waffles among number of gallon-sized freezer bag(s) indicated. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Toast waffles until heated through.