Today I posted tilapia with lemony spinach and mushrooms over at OAMM. Stop by and say “Hi!”
* * * * *
Tilapia is one of the mildest tasting fish around. Even picky eaters seem to like it! Another thing about tilapia is that it is so easy to prepare. Gluten Free Dairy Free Tilapia with Lemony Spinach and Mushrooms is a wonderful dish incorporating delicious flavors and seasonal ingredients. It is the perfect dish if you are looking for fish recipes for the upcoming Lenten season. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
This is slightly altered from how I posted it over at OAMM, more in keeping with how I actually serve it to my own family. Enjoy!
- 36 ounces tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 3⅓ cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 6 cups fresh cleaned spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tilapia, seasoning with salt and pepper, until golden and cooked through. Set fish into one side of freezer pan(s).
- In same skillet as tilapia was cooked, sauté onions until they are translucent. Add garlic and cook while stirring for one minute. Add mushrooms and tarragon or thyme. Cook, continuing to stir fry until mushrooms have released their juices and are cooked. Add spinach. Stir fry spinach until wilted. Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice. Toss to mix flavors. Put spinach- mushroom mixture on the other side of the freezer pan(s). Allow to cool. Seal with foil, label, and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Heat through.