These are featured in the November 2011 Mini Freezer Menu.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Turkey Stroganoff
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com from Tess @ ChefStephanie.multiply.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, main, chicken & turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds turkey breast, cooked and cubed
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons sweet rice flour
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole bay leaf
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat the first measurement of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. If the turkey is not cooked, add it to the pan now to cook. Skip if you are using cooked turkey. Add mushrooms and saute until turkey and mushrooms are cooked through. Set turkey and mushrooms aside to cool.
- Heat the second measurement of oil in a saucepan, the add the onion and garlic, sautéing until clear. Add turkey meat and sauté until fork tender. While whisking continuously, add sweet rice flour cook a few minutes. After the oil and sweet rice flour has thickened and become bubbly, add milk substitute, salt, pepper, bay leaf and clove. Simmer mixture, stirring every few minutes for 10-15 minutes. Taste. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Allow to cool. Put turkey, mushrooms and sauce into a freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put mixture in a sauce pan and whisk over medium heat until warmed through and smooth. Remove from heat and pour over cooked gluten free noodles.