From the Gluten Free Dairy Free November 2011 Mini Freezer Menu. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Spicy Honey Chicken
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com from Sara @ orubestbites.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, main, chicken & turkey, OAMC
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons gluten free chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 8 each boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly oil foil. Combine the garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, onion powder, coriander, and chili powder in bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Using kitchen shears, trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Drizzle oil over chicken and toss until chicken is lightly coated on all the pieces. Add the spice rub to chicken and coat all sides well. On lined baking sheet, broil chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, warm honey so it’s easier to stir. Add the vinegar and mix well. Reserve about ¼ of the honey glaze. and set aside. Brush the remaining glaze on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of broiling. Allow chicken to cool. Divide chicken among gallon freezer bags and reserved glaze among quart freezer bags between the indicated number of bags. Remove as much air as possible. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Heat though and serve with sweet potatoes or quinoa, roasted veggies and a salad.