One Pan Gluten Free Pasta and Kielbasa
So good and so easy! Sometimes the best recipes come from just tossing together what you have on hand. Yep, I could have added some green veggies to the dish, but we like this as it is. Just serve it with a big salad and you’ll be good to go.
I am also using this dish for Gluten Free-zer Friday, as the leftovers (it makes a BIG pan) can divided up and tucked into the freezer for future lunches.
The Recipe: One Pan Gluten Free Pasta and Kielbasa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 smoked pork kielbasa or turkey/chicken kielbasa-style sausage, sliced 1/4" thick rounds
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces uncooked gluten free elbow or shell pasta
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded dairy free cheddar cheese-style cheese substitute
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions or minced fresh parsley
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, kielbasa and garlic and cook it until translucent.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, coconut milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Add gluten free pasta, submerging pasta into simmering liquid. Simmer for 15 minutes, or untill pasta is tender.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese substitute.
- Top with remaining cheese substitute and sprinkle with sliced onions. Cover and let sit for a couple minute until cheese substitute is melted.
- To freeze: Allow to cool. Divide into freezer safe containers, cover, removing as much air as possible, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw and heat through.