This week I share Peach Muffins from the upcoming September Menu at Once a Month Mom. Stop by and say “Hi!”
Be sure to check out the August 2011 Gluten Free Dairy Free Freezer Menu at Once a Month Mom. It includes printable menu cards, labels for your freezer meals and a grocery list! Let me know if you have anything special that you would like to see added to a freezer menu in the upcoming months. Hope you like it!
Other freezer cooking resources:
* * * * * * * * * * *
Peaches, peaches, peaches! I have definitely been eating
more than my share of them lately. They are abundant at the market and just seem to sum up summer: golden and sweet. In an effort to find another yummy thing to put peaches in before they disappear for another year, I came across these tasty Gluten Free Dairy Free Peach Muffins. They are not too sweet, getting most of their sweetness from the fruit, and have a nice mix of whole-grain, high-nutrient gluten free flours to start your day. Whip up a batch and enjoy!
This is a change from the recipe posted at OAMM. This is how I make it for my family to more suit our tastes. :)
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 10 Tablespoons amaranth flour
- 10 tablespoons brown rice flour, finely ground
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 8 teaspoons quinoa flour
- 4 teaspoons potato starch
- 4 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ salt
- 1⅓ cup gluten and dairy free plain yogurt (I use plain coconut yogurt)
- 2 large egg (or 2 T ground golden flax mixed with 6 T hot water until thick)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten free vanilla
- 1½ cup peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- and coarse sanding sugar to sprinkle onto of the muffins before baking
- In a bowl combine sorghum flour, amaranth flour, brown rice flour, quinoa flour, sugar, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, xanthan gum and salt. Mix well and set aside. In a bowl of your mixer, beat egg, diary free yogurt, oil and lemon juice until combined. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in peaches.
- Spoon batter evenly into oiled muffin cups. Sprinkle coarse sanding sugar on batter. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes at 350. Remove from pan immediately and let cool completely on a rack.
- Freezing Directions: When cooled, divide and place into indicated number of freezer bags. Remove as much air as possible and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Eat at room temperature or heat slightly.