To join me for Gluten Free-zer Friday, please add your link to a gluten free freezer- friendly recipe below. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
* * * * * * * * *
I love having this on hand for breakfast. You can also use this as the sausage for Sausage and Peppers. If you like a spicy sausage, add a generous pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. If you like it a bit sweeter, add 2 Tablespoons maple syrup. Do not use the really low fat ground turkey, or the sausage will be too dry.
- 20 oz. package ground turkey
- 4 Tablespoons finely minced onion
- ¾ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¾ teaspoon sage
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, optional
- Mix all ingredients. Shape into patties. I usually use about ¼ to ⅓ scoop to divide the meat. Place onto a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap or parchment. Place into the coldest part of the freezer. After the sausage patties have frozen, place them into a freezer bag or container separated with waxed paper. Remove as much air as possible, seal and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw or cook from frozen. Put into a skillet that is lightly oiled. Cook until golden on each side and cooked through.