This is a seriously easy, tasty stew. Good for dinner, good for the lunchbox. Enjoy!
Beef & Lentil Slow Cooker Stew, Gluten Free Dairy Free
Author: Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com adapted from Candace @ frugalindy.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, slow cooker, beef, lentils & legumes, main dish, soups & stews
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1½ pounds beef cubes (I use what ever beef I get on sale and cube it myself)
- 1½ cup dry lentils
- 6 carrots chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups gluten free beef broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounce salsa
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- Place all ingredients except green beans and broccoli in the slow cooker. Stir. Cover with lid and cook on low 6-7 hours. Add green beans and broccoli for last half-hour or so to heat.
- To freeze: Allow to cool. Package in meal or lunchbox sized containers. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw and heat through.