Yummy pinwheels sandwiches you can make ahead and freeze for lunches or as an appetizer.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com from Jamie @ segermoments.blogspot.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, freezer cooking, OAMC, bulk cooking, appetizer, lunch
Serves: 8 to 10
- 10 each GF ivory teff tortillas (such as from La Tortilla Factory) or other gluten free flour-style tortilla
- 8 ounces tofu-based cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 1⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1¼ teaspoon dry garlic granules
- 1¼ teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.25 ounce canned black olives, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup crumbled GF bacon (4 strips cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled)
- Mix tofu cream cheese, parsley, pepper, garlic, onion, and salt together until well blended. Add in rest of ingredients and mix in food processor on low speed until well blended.
- Using a baker’s spatula, spread medium amount of mixture onto one gluten free flour-style tortilla – be sure to smooth it out! Roll tortilla into a “wrap-up” and cover with plastic wrap. Continue with rest of tortillas, wrapping each in plastic wrap individually. Place in gallon freezer bag. Freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in refrigerator until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap from each wrap-up. Cut width-wise into pinwheels and place on serving platter or tray.