Impossible Bacon Spinach Quiche Pie – Gluten Free-zer Friday
My adaption of the “impossible pie” style quiche from Rachel at OurGaggleOfGirls.com. I changed it to how I make it for our family and so that I could freeze it. I usually slice it and individually wrap each slice so I can pull out and thaw what we need for breakfast. Thanks, Rachel!
Printable recipe card for multiple batches of Impossible Bacon Spinach Quiche Pie for big batch freezer cooking (OAMC)
Printable freezer label for Impossible Bacon Spinach Quiche Pie
The Recipe: Impossible Gluten Free Dairy Free Bacon Spinach Quiche Pie
- 1/3 cup finely ground rice or sorghum four, or combination
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour/starch or corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk substitute of choice, unsweetened plain
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup turkey bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup spinach, frozen, thawed with extra moisture squeezed out
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Oil the indicated number of 10" or 9" deep dish quiche or pie pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, except bacon and spinach, until well combined. Add milk substitute, eggs and oil to dry ingredients, blending until smooth. I use a whisk or immersion blender for blending. Evenly distribute bacon and spinach between the number of pans needed. Pour egg mixture over spinach into the quiche pan. Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. The quiche will be slightly undercooked at theis point, but not liquid.
- Allow to cool completely then slice. Wrap each slice in plastic. Put wrapped quiche slices into a large freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Warm quiche through, covered.
Pingback: Fill you freezer in four weeks – Breakfast Week
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – Pull up a chair! | Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – Back to School Week!
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan - Zucchini and Summer Squash
Pingback: Gluten Free Dairy Free May 2012 Freezer Menu (GFCF, OAMC)
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – March 18, 2013 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – March 18, 2013
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – April 8, 2013