In case you hadn’t noticed, we love a good marinade. They add so much moisture and flavor to any cut of meat. Toss in some ginger and coconut? Oh, yeah! That kicks the marinade to the top of my “LOVE” list. Yum! With grilling season right around the corner, tuck some of this delicious Gluten Free Dairy Free Coconut Lime Chicken into your freezer for a sunny day. You won’t be sorry!
This is inspired by the Sticky Coconut Chicken (I added lime and other spices) that is pure genius from Happy Tummies. Love that dish! Remember to save any extra coconut milk in a smaller freezer bag and package with the chicken. You can use it to replace part of the water when making rice to serve with the chicken. Delicious!
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken thighs, chicken breasts or 2 pounds bone-in chicken
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey or sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Combine all ingredients except chicken into a gallon sized freezer bag. Seal bag and mix contents around until blended.
- Open bag and add chicken. Seal and mix contents around until chicken is coated with marinade. Open seal, remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Allow to thaw. Grill or broil chicken (discarding marinade) until chicken is cooked through to a safe temperature about 8 to 9 minutes per side depending on the size of the pieces.
- To serve without freezing: Allow chicken to marinade in bag in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before grilling. I like to assemble in the morning before breakfast and allow to marinate until dinner time.