Menu Plan Monday – December 8, 2008

by angelaskitchen on December 8, 2008

AK canning jar

Head over to Laura’s for Menu Plan Monday.  She got a new crock pot and I can’t wait to see her fill that baby up!  She has some great links to slow cooker recipes, also.  Thanks, Laura!  Manda at Asparagus Thin is this week’s host for the Gluten Free Menu Swap.

Gluten Free Menu Swap Monday

Monday:  Orchestra/son’s Band Concert /bake for kid lunches

Honey-Orange Glazed Chicken, roasted Butternut Squash and salad  (cook extra chicken for Wednesday’s meal)

Tuesday:  Piano Lessons

Apricot Pork Chops,  Broccoli with Orange Sauce (and assemble enchiladas for tomorrow’s meal)

Wednesday:  Mommy runs Gluten Free Staff Training for local store/bake Friday’s snack for Bible study today or tomorrow…

Pumpkin Sauced Chicken Enchiladas and salad (double enchiladas and freeze half)

Thursday:  Mommy helps in kindergarten/Orchestra tour day/Girl Scout swim party

Chili Rubbed Skirt Steak, sweet potatoes and salad    (prep for tomorrow’s slow cooker meal)

Friday:  Yearbook meeting/Mom Bible study (I need to bring the snack)

Slow Cooker Chicken Jambalaya and salad  (double jambalaya and freeze half)

Saturday:  We attempt gluten and dairy free lefse.  Yikes!

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Cheryl Harris December 8, 2008 at 5:26 pm

apricot pork chops? I don’t eat pork, but it sounds like an interesting concept!

angelaskitchen December 8, 2008 at 5:47 pm

I really like apricot and plum both with pork, turkey tenderloin, or chicken thighs. Mmmm…. I’m using a full fruit apricot spread for the pork this week, super easy!

Eva December 9, 2008 at 1:50 am

I’ll be there with bells on for the lefse experimentation as soon as I’m done working! (There’s bells at the house, right?) 🙂

angelaskitchen December 9, 2008 at 9:30 am

I knew I could lure you home with lefse! Oh, yes, there will be bells… and cinnamon and sugar! Woo!

kate December 9, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Hey Ang….it really needs to snow on your WP blog too!!!

Under ‘Appearance’ click on ‘Extras’ then click on ‘Show Snow falling on my blog’.

Then….you’ve got SNOW!

angelaskitchen December 10, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Oh, man, I gotta check it out. Thanks, sweetie! You are my “go to” blogger Wordpress chick! Woo!

Previous post:

Next post:

• Creative Commons License
    Angela's Kitchen by Angela Litzinger is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
    Based on a work at http://angelaskitchen.com.
    Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://angelaskitchen.com.