I like to have some herbed garlic bread in the freezer. It is a tasty addition for any meal, and will help fill out a meal if you have an unexpected extra guest or two. I use my homemade Gluten Free Dairy Free French Bread, but of course you can use whatever is your favorite gluten free bread.
I’m still working on getting that recipe up, and will link it as soon as I do.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or gluten & dairy free margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 loaves gluten and dairy free French Bread (http://angelaskitchen.com/2007/06/14/gluten-and-dairy-free-french-bread/)
- Mix together coconut oil or margarine, olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley, thyme, and salt.
- Slice bread, without slicing all the way through, making one inch slices. Spread the garlic and herb mixture between the slices until all are mixture is used.
- Wrap each loaf separately in foil. If freezing, wrap a second time, removing as much air as possible, label and freeze.
- To serve: Bake in a preheated 375 degree F while wrapped in foil for about 15 minutes. If you like your garlic bread a bit crisp, open foil and bake for 5 more minutes. If baking from frozen, increase baking time 5 to 10 more minutes.