I realized I have a ton of stir fry type dishes on this menu. Between all the cake we have been eating and spring on the way, I have just been having a hankering, I guess. All the tasty spring veggies are just calling out to me!
Head over to Laura’s blog for more great menu plans!
Here is a printable grocery list for this week’s dinner menu. Enjoy!
Monday: Beef stir fry sent to me by hubby (with some ginger and garlic)
Tuesday: Tortilla and Black Bean Pie with salad
Wednesday: Shrimp Pad Thai with broccoli
My hubby sent this to me in my e-mail. I am pretty sure it came from Men’s Health. I don’t have the recipe title. I am adding some fresh garlic and ginger, which will give it more tasty interest without changing the nutritional information. This is nice and easy, with lots of veggies. My hubby is making it tonight!
- 1½ cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons oil (we will be using olive)
- 1 pound sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2 bags of stir-fry vegetables, frozen
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (be sure GFCF)
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- (I would also add 1-2 cloves of minced garlic and a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger, or to taste. Also, a tablespoon of rice vinegar, optional.)
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok. Add the sliced sirloin and stir-fry over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables, soy sauce, and almonds (also ginger and garlic , if using); stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over the rice.
Menu Plan Monday
Monday, April 2, 2007