Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
I like to serve this over rice, sweet potatoes, a bed of wilted greens or gluten free noodles. Gluten Free Dairy Free Chicken Cacciatore freezes wonderfully either before cooking (put all prepped ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze) or after cooking (simply reheat and eat). Enjoy!
Printable freezer labels for Chicken Cacciatore.
Printable recipe card for multiple batches of Chicken Cacciatore for the freezer.
The Recipe: Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 boneless/skinless breasts
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 8oz can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Place sliced onions at bottom of crock pot. Add chicken. Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve over rice or pasta and add a side salad.
- To freeze: Put all ingredients for one batch into a gallon-sized zip sealed freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put contents of bag into slow cooker and stir. Cover with lid and cook on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve over rice or pasta and add a side salad.
Pingback: Love your crock pot
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – March 4, 2013 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – March 4, 2013
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan - Mushrooms