Seasoned Yellow Rice
Author: Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, grains & legumes, side dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups rice
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups gluten free chicken stock, veggie stock or water
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in oil until translucent. Add garlic and rice and sauté 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add spices, stir well, then add water and stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve.