From a class I taught:
Spicy Honey-Orange Glazed Chicken, Gluten Free Dairy Free
Author: Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com adapted from all recipes.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, main dish, chicken, tree nut free, peanut free, pork free, soy free, shellfish free, fish free, egg free, corn free
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 1¾ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil, olive oil, or gluten & dairy free margarine
- Garnish: green onion, thinly sliced and/or fresh parsley, minced, optional
- In small bowl, combine honey with juice concentrate, orange zest, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry. Season lightly with salt. In large non-stick skillet, heat margarine and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, until seared. Turn chicken; cook another 4 minutes until just cooked through.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken and cook, turning chicken to coat as sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Serve chicken breasts with honey-orange glaze spooned over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and green onion.
- Serving suggestions: Butternut squash and steamed broccoli.