Crock of Roast and Veggies
Part of what we are eating this week:
The Recipe: Crock of Roast and Veggies
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled, sliced, rinsed, and drained
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 lbs. lean beef rump roast
- 2/3 cup beef stock or broth, tomato juice or water
- 2 Tbs. Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Spray a slow cooker container with cooking spray. Layer in potatoes, carrots, and onion. Place beef roast on top of vegetables. In a small bowl, combine stock, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Pour mixture evenly over roast. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours. Remove roast and cut into pieces. Mix vegetable mixture well. For each serving, place vegetables on a plate and top with meat and liquid.
- This recipe serves 12 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 6 only. The instructions describe how to prepare the ingredients for one pan. There are enough ingredients to prepare 2 pans.